At Sybil Elgar School we know, value and support your child
We want your child to come to our school and find happiness and fulfilment, while achieving their full potential.
Here is what we aim to offer your child:
- specialised, high-quality and well-resourced teaching and support
- professional, caring and dedicated staff with autism qualifications
- primary, secondary, sixth form & 19-22 education
- specialist classrooms and teaching areas
- secure, newly-refurbished playgrounds with autism-friendly equipment
- secure indoor and outdoor sports facilities
- onsite educational courses combined with community-based education
- a very wide range of exciting opportunities in art, dance and music
- continuing research into best practice in supporting people with autism
- an international reputation for success in autism-specific education.
At our school we believe in equal opportunities and everyone here champions the rights of our children to access education and opportunity. We offer a vibrant and dynamic teaching environment. Sybil Elgar takes in children with a wide range of abilities and it is very important to us that every child looks forward to coming to school and enjoys their learning. We celebrate everyone’s achievements and share these celebrations with our families regularly.
We offer full-time day places at our school starting throughout the year, and outstanding term-time residential care to children and young people across the autism spectrum between the ages of 7 and 19. The aim of the staff in our residential home in Ealing is to provide a caring, close-knit team to support your child.
Whether your child is a day or a residential student, our school is a place where their wellbeing is of primary importance. We have extremely robust safeguarding procedures and practices in place to support this. We firmly believe it is the right of every child to be healthy, safe and happy, and to achieve and make a positive contribution.
"He wakes up happy and smiling every morning."
Parent, Sybil Elgar
With MyProgress®, we know that your child will have the best start in life because every aspect of their care and education is tailor-made for them. MyProgress® guarantees that your child will use approaches that The National Autistic Society has tried and tested over many years: we know that they make a difference. Find out more about MyProgress® today.