Sybil Elgar School governors (also known as the local governance body or 'LGB') is made up of representatives from the local area and covers a number of governor roles. School governors have a key role in setting the strategic direction of a school, ensuring the accountability of teachers and staff, and thinking critically about the welfare of a school.
LGBs provide local governance. Their functions are to:
- support the principal and senior management team in the delivery of the school’s mission and vision
- provide constructive criticism
- monitor the wellbeing and safety of the pupils
- monitor the educational achievement of pupils
- represent the school to the local community, including the business community
- support the development of the school as and when opportunities arise.
LGBs provide feedback to the EQD and National Autistic Society board, via the link trustees who chair them. For further information, see our Scheme of delegation.
Our Governors are:
Felicity Chadwick-Histed (Chair) - Link EQD Member
If you would like to find out more about joining the LGB, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.