Helen Allison School Offer:
- Helen Allison is an independent National Autistic Society day School. We cater for children on the autism spectrum aged 5-19 who have a Statement or Education, Health and Care plan.
- The school has a well-established and highly specialist on-site therapy team. This team comprises a Principal Speech and Language Therapist, Specialist Speech and Language therapist, Speech and Language therapy assistant, Lead Occupational Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Occupational Therapy assistant, Clinical Psychologist and two Behaviour & Wellbeing Specialists. Our transdisciplinary team deliver an outstanding and highly effective service to support our children and young people.
- The multidisciplinary approach ensures that we can provide a bespoke package of intervention to meet the ever changing needs of our students. Therapeutic approaches and interventions are embedded into the daily lives of our students and form part of their waking day curriculum.
- Specialist interventions on offer include but are not limited to: Intervention using the Sensory Integration approach, Lego Therapy, Therapeutic Listening, Rebound Therapy, Sensory circuits, Schools Massage programme, Social communication groups, language groups and The Bridges curriculum.
- Our aim is to equip every pupil with strategies to overcome their barriers to learning; to nurture each young person’s talents and interests and to develop their self-esteem and well-being. We are committed to ensuring that children’s’ anxieties and sensory differences are recognised, understood and fully supported.