To top

Benefits and care

If you're autistic or you care for someone on the autism spectrum, you may be entitled to financial support in the form of social security benefits and social care support.

This section explains what different benefits may be available, all about community care services, how to appeal, and other support options such as blue badges, bus passes and Disabled Facilities Grants. You can also find advice about managing money.

Young woman and support worker

Everything you need to know

Young man with support worker reading


Autistic people and their carers may be entitled to money and services. Find out about your options.
Young man with his mother


You have the right to appeal decisions about your benefits. Read our guide to appeals to find out how.
Autistic man crossing the road

Carer's Allowance

If you care for a disabled person, you may be able to get Carer's Allowance. Find out how to claim.
Adult woman at bus stop

Community care

Community care includes services to support autistic children and adults at home and in the community.
A young autistic man reads at a desk

Making a complaint

Information and advice about how to complain about health or care provision for adults and children.
Autism Helpline Number: 0808 800 4104
Last updated: 29/03/2019 10:10:48