A fulfilling vocation
A job at Sybil Elgar School is a fulfilling, inspiring experience – whether you work in the classroom or in any of the other positions across our two sites.
Working with our students, getting to know each individual character and being there to experience the feeling when they achieve their personal goals is incredibly motivating.
The expert training and continuous personal and professional development offered to all our staff means they are fully equipped to give our students the best education and care.
We are an equal opportunities employer and follow the safer recruitment process. All successful applicants are subject to an enhanced criminal record check and references will be taken up before interview. To find out which posts we have available and how to apply, please get in touch on 020 8813 9168 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our current roles
find out more information about the roles we are currently recruiting for and
apply by searching the keyword ‘Sybil Elgar School’ on the National Autistic Society's jobs page.
Teaching and learning assistant
Teaching and learning assistant (zero hours contract)
What we offer
As part of the National Autistic Society, we offer a number of benefits:
- annual leave of up to 33 days (rising to 35 days after five years’ service). An extra three days of leave are also awarded in the "anniversary years" of service from ten years onwards (eg 10, 15, 20 years), taking holiday entitlement to 38 days for that year. The entitlements are pro rata for part time and term time staff.
- pension scheme offering a contribution 6% of gross salary, provided you contribute a minimum of 4%, or alternative schemes for NAS bank workers and staff in teaching positions
- interest-free season ticket loans offered after two months of service, which you can pay back in monthly instalments
- childcare vouchers
- 24/7 employee assistance programme
- occupational sick pay
- a range of discounts from over 150 retailers, accessible from mobile phones or using reloadable discount cards – the average user saves £565 per year
- discounts on hotel accommodation using one of the UK's leading accommodation websites. With a choice of over 40,000 places to stay in the UK, The National Autistic Society has negotiated great savings for all employees, with up to 25% off the best internet prices
- Simply Health cash plan – you can claim money back towards the cost of check-ups and treatments for you and up to four of your children who are under 18 and living at home.
As well as our general induction programme for all staff, we offer:
- on average, 5 days learning and development per year
- contribution towards fees or time off to gain qualifications such as NVQs (up to level 5), diplomas and postgraduate certificates
- a range of specialist learning to ensure the best possible practice for the young people we support
- access to a state-of-the-art online academy to develop management, autism-specific and job-specific skills
- a team of learning and development specialists who will support your journey and career progression with the National Autistic Society.
Sybil Elgar School is part of the National Autistic Society. You can view and apply for all current job vacancies at the National Autistic Society online.