Robert Ogden School governors (also known as the local governance body or 'LGB') is made up of representatives from the local area, parents and staff covering a number of governor roles. School governors have a key role in setting the strategic direction of a school, ensuring the accountability of teachers and staff, and thinking critically about the welfare of a school.
LGBs provide local governance. Their functions are to:
- support the Principal and Senior Leadership Team in the delivery of the school’s mission and vision
- provide constructive criticism
- monitor the wellbeing and safety of the pupils
- monitor the educational achievement of pupils
- represent the school to the local community, including the business community
- support the development of the school as and when opportunities arise.
LGBs provide feedback to the Education Quality Development Committee and National Autistic Society board, via the link trustees who chair them. For further information, see our Scheme of delegation.
Our Governors are:
Janet Corcoran (Chair) - Link EQD Member
Mrs DeSauzay - Parent of a pupil
Phil McNulty – Member of the local community
Christian Wilkinson - Teacher
Janet Knott - Senior Receptionist and parent of an autistic child
Lorraine Dormand - Principal
The Clerk is John Green the School's Business and Finance Manager
If you would like to find out more about joining the LGB, please email email@example.com.