Are you are looking for our current vacancies?
Well this link will take you to our current vacancies.
Prior to applying we ask you to follow this link for advice on how to successfully complete an online application.
In accordance with safeguarding requirements it is the school's policy not to accept applications by CV only. You will need to complete the online application. Please do not send us speculative CV's as they will be ignored. The online application process is designed to work across a range of browsers and machines, however if you experience a problem in applying for a post, please contact us via the online enquiry form below or ring the school and we will do our best to help you.
If you are successful you will be subject to an enhanced criminal record and barring check and references will be taken up before interview.
Applications for jobs are sought from anyone who is suitably qualified and experienced for the role, but are particularly welcome from those with a diagnosis of autism or Asperger syndrome.
The National Autistic Society is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and adults who use our services and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are an equal opportunities employer.
In our last three internal Ofsted staff surveys over 95% of our employees who responded agreed or strongly agreed with the statement that they "were proud to work for the school".
A couple of things Ofsted have said about us:
"Staff training is a high priority.”
"In addition to knowing much about autism, teachers and support staff know students well and establish good relationships and clear routines to support students’ learning.”
What we can offer you
As part of a larger organisation, The National Autistic Society, we can offer various benefits:
- Paid annual leave of up to 33 days (rising to 35 days after five years service). Extra days of leave are also awarded in "anniversary years" of service from ten years onwards. All entitlements are pro rata for term time only employees.
- Pension scheme - we provide the auto enrollment scheme for which there is also a salary sacrifice scheme option available. Teachers have their own scheme - the Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Childcare vouchers via salary sacrifice.
- 24/7 employee assistance programme which includes free legal advice.
- Occupational Sick Pay - with access to qualified medical advice.
- A range of discounts from over 150 retailers where the average user saves £565 per year.
- Discounts on hotel accommodation using our iknowrewards site. The National Autistic Society employees can get up to 25% off the best internet prices.
As well as our general induction programme for all staff, we offer:
- on average 5 days learning and development per year,
- the opportunity to get qualifications,
- a range of specialist learning to ensure the best possible practice for the pupils we support,
- access to an online academy to develop management skills,
- a team of learning and development specialists to support your journey and career progression with The National Autistic Society.