Church Lawton School underwent its first Ofsted Inspection on 29th and 30th November 2017. The school was judged to be good overall with outstanding features. The inspection highlighted many strengths including:
• The personal development, behaviour and welfare of pupils are outstanding. Pupils say that they feel safe, well cared for, and listened to. Pupils respect and learn from each other.
• Pupils, often having previously missed out on long periods of education, make good progress from their starting points across all key stages.
• Teachers use their good subject knowledge well when planning lessons. They explain ideas and concepts clearly and question pupils skilfully about their work.
• Pupils behave exceptionally well in lessons and during social times. The school is a calm and positive place. Pupils are proud of their school.
• Staff have excellent relationships with pupils. The staff are a dedicated team and they work hard to meet the complex needs of pupils. The team of therapists provides further effective support to pupils.
You can view the full inspection report here.
Visit the Ofsted website.