SocialEyes is a well-established approach to learning social skills and developing social understanding for people on the autism spectrum and is primarily suitable for people with Asperger syndrome (age 16+ years). A learning resource has been developed with people with autism and Asperger syndrome, alongside leading professionals in the field.
This interactive two-day facilitator course will help you learn how to use the resource to facilitate the SocialEyes programme and give people on the autism spectrum the tools they need to participate more fully in the world.
- The SocialEyes programme
- Why it is important to support people on the autism spectrum to develop social understanding
- How to facilitate the SocialEyes programme using the five-step process
- Using role play to help people practice and explore social scenarios
- Using filmed scenarios to develop social understanding
- Exercises to extend and reinforce the use of social strategies
- Practical guidance in setting up your own SocialEyes programme with individuals or groupsHow to adjust and personalise SocialEyes pack to different need and ages (Including children)
- How to adjust and personalise SocialEyes pack to different need and ages (including children)
- This course will concentrate on exploring one designed module which will lead to understanding of using SocialEyes approach
- Exploring practical ideas and strategies suitable to your own groups and individuals.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone wishing to use the SocialEyes programme to support individuals on the autism spectrum to develop social skills. The SocialEyes programme is most suitable for adolescents and adults with Asperger syndrome, however it can be adapted for other individuals on the autism spectrum. It is essential for delegates attending to have experience of supporting individuals on the autism spectrum.
This course is suitable to anyone who would like to support individuals on the autism spectrum in development of social communication and social interaction.
Benefits of attending
- Develop an understanding of how the SocialEyes programme supports people on the autism spectrum with social skills development
- Understand how to use the SocialEyes resource to facilitate your own SocialEyes groups
- Be more confident in using various methods to support people on the autism spectrum to practice and explore social strategies
- Be aware of how to set up and facilitate your own SocialEyes sessions
- Have the opportunity to ask questions about how to facilitate SocialEyes sessions
- Practical knowledge and feedback about running session, additional resources and ideas which may enhance social skills learning
Training provided at a venue of your choice, inclusive of:
- one trainer for two full days
- delivered to a maximum of 16 participants (please contact us if you have a larger group and how we can accommodate this)
- participants added to relevant Network Autism group to receive alerts when topic they attended is coming up for discussion.
Price: £2,700 + VAT + £76.66 + VAT per Socialeyes CD ROM and DVD Resource Pack
Individuals attending two-day scheduled training event: £446.66+VAT which includes Socialeyes CD ROM and DVD.
New dates will be added shortly.
The SocialEyes learning resource has been developed with people on the autism spectrum and Asperger syndrome, alongside leading professionals in the field. All the resources have been extensively piloted and re-piloted with ongoing development and research since 2005.
SocialEyes does not ask people on the autism spectrum to change 'inappropriate' social behaviour, or to acquire social skills by copying the 'typical' behaviour of others. Instead, it gives people the option of learning social interaction skills or alternative social strategies. SocialEyes focuses on eight social skills that people on the autism spectrum can have difficulty with, including starting a conversation, eye contact and personal space.
The SocialEyes DVD and CD-ROM resource pack contains:
- Social scenario clips
- A comprehensive user guide
- Materials for learners including adaptable PDF worksheets
- Session plan summaries
- and much more.
The NAS also has an introductory video to SocialEyes called Being me. It is a DVD and CD-ROM set featuring interviews with adults on the autism spectrum and a series of worksheets related to social skills. It is available from our online shop – www.autism.org.uk/shop
To make an enquiry please call 0141 285 7117 and choose option 1 then option 1 again or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To book or to amend a booking please call 0141 285 7117 and choose option 2 then option 1 or email email@example.com.
All places for training events with a location link must be booked via our online booking system (click on the location link for the course you would like to attend). If you require more information on using our online booking system to pay by invoice please click here