- Individual support - for those people not yet ready to join a group based programme
- Group programmes – offering learning and social opportunities.
We can offer programmes that help with:
- Independent living skills and household management skills
- Budgeting, house hold finances and benefits
- General issues relating to autism or Asperger syndrome
- Meeting objectives
- Resettlement support
- Strategies to keep safe
- Maintaining relationships with family and friends
- Participating in the community
- Attending college
- Developing social skills
- Finding and maintaining employment
- Gaining access to other services.
Individual support is available for people who do not currently feel able to join our groups and is specifically tailored to meet each individuals needs. The aim of individual support is to enable each person to progress to group based opportunities if they wish to do so.
Group programmes offer a range of opportunities for adults involved in the service whilst providing them with an opportunity to socialise and meet new people. Our group programmes offer:
- self-development programs,
- social skills training,
- employability workshops,
- anxiety/stress management support programmes.
Group programmes usually last between 8 and 12 weeks and are based in local centres throughout the northern trust area.
At the end of each programme the group can choose how they wish to celebrate and are encouraged to plan an activity or event to mark the occasion. Such as a meal, a night out at the cinema, bowling or a visit to the Christmas markets.
Our staff work along side people who we support to ensure sound and sustainable social and support networks are in place.
Our groups meet weekly or fortnightly in different locations across the Northern Trust area offering both opportunities for learning and for building friendships and social networks.
Currently we meet in:
In order to find out if you are close to a group, please contact us as the group venues can change according to need and opportunity. This service is provided in partnership with the Northern Health and Social Care Trust.
All people wishing to join our programmes should contact the Trust ASD Co-ordinator to arrange a referral.