We keep in close contact with you
When your child joins Robert Ogden, you will find that we’re here to help you too.
This is how we communicate with you. We:
- maintain regular contact with you, through your child’s key worker who knows them very well
- consult you about your child’s progress and about how best to support them
- tell you about your child’s progress by means of regular phone calls and emails
- encourage and assist your child to keep in contact with you while they are at school, using telephone and email.
All our therapists, teachers and carers are available to speak to you. Simply telephone to make an appointment to speak to the person in question – you can also arrange to talk to them face to face.
You are warmly welcomed to attend annual reviews and looked-after children reviews. In addition, your views on the support of your child will also be received more formally. This means that you will be asked to complete a pre-annual review form and quality assurance feedback forms.
For parents, we also offer training in autism awareness to help you support challenging behaviour at home, and to offer ideas about making your home autism-friendly.
The National Autistic Society offers a wide range of support to families and people with autism through its helplines.
- Autism Helpline: confidential information and advice for people with autism and their families. Ring 0808 800 4104, Monday to Thursday, 10am to 4pm, and 9am to 3pm on Fridays.
- Parent to Parent: a confidential telephone support service for parents and carers of an adult or child with autism. The service is provided by trained volunteers who have personal experience of autism. Ring 0808 800 4106 and leave a message: we’ll ring you back.
"Fantastic school. Our child has settled after being out of school two years and struggling greatly. Settled very well and loves attending."
A parent's comments in October 2014