Our resource centre provides support for adults on the autism spectrum who are in full- or part-time education and wish to be supported at college and/or on their days off. We value every person who uses the centre and their potential for achieving within the workplace.
The resource centre is based in the same building as our day and education centres, at Diamonds Business Centre in Irthlingborough, Northamptonshire.
Our main objectives are to:
- provide structured timetables and Individual Programme Plans (IPP) to help people learn and develop
- establish links with other further education resources to provide a variety of learning opportunities
- enable students to gain further education qualifications
- help people take vocational qualifications and gain the skills necessary to work in supported/mainstream environments
- help students on job-coaching schemes to find work placements.
I like the work we have done about geography, surveys about holidays, and working with maps.
At our resource centre, we tailor individual programmes to each person's interests. Programmes include a mixture of activities either within the centre or out in the local community, and each person can choose specific, individual sessions or can attend on specific days. We can also offer programmes during half-terms and summer holidays.
People at the centre look after me quite well and the staff are friendly. The centre is a fun place to be.