We have developed a range of community services that tailor support to meet individual needs and aspirations.
By providing appropriate and timely support to people with autism living in Gloucestershire, Bath and North East Somerset, we aim to improve people's quality of life by enabling people to access mainstream services in their local community with the support of highly trained outreach professionals.
The support we offer
Our one-to-one support includes:
- assessment by a team of experienced therapists, who will identify the interventions and support which people could most benefit from
- detailed, autism-specific assessment of need in the areas of language and communication, behavioural difficulties, personal strengths and abilities, general health and fitness, and recreation and leisure interests
- person-centred support programmes based on our assessment and people's own strengths, needs and aspirations
- flexible, needs-led professional and specialist support.
Our team includes psychiatrists, psychologists, nurses, an occupational therapist, an art therapist, a music therapist and an aromatherapist. Access to other professionals can be provided on a sessional basis through local NHS services.
All our outreach staff have extensive experience of working with people with autism spectrum disorders. We work with parents, carers and siblings: that way, the progress people make in our day centre can be encouraged and supported when they are at home, and vice versa.
We can support adults with autism spectrum disorders and other complex needs, which may include:
- mental health needs
- behavioural issues (which might include contact with the criminal justice system)
- health-related needs.
This support can be provided to people who live independently, in their family home, in residential services or shared tenancies - and through wider community experience and/or access to our specialist resource centre.
How to access our support
You can pay for our one-to-one support in a number of ways. For more information, visit our benefits and care page