Our Family Support Team works across Monmouthshire and Newport to provide comprehensive help, support and signposting for anyone affected by autism, including Asperger syndrome.
Who is the service for?
- family members of children or adults with a diagnosis
- family members of children or adults awaiting a diagnosis, or seeking help to get a diagnosis
- individuals with a diagnosis
- individuals awaiging a diagnosis, or seeking help with getting a diagnosis
- professionals working with or for a family or individual with or awaiting diagnosis
You can refer yourself or be referred by a professional. Professional colleagues can also access the service for information, support and advice about autism, its impact and resources that may be available.
What services are available?
We work in different ways to support the needs of families across the area. Some of the things we provide are:
- a home visiting service for families especially around the time of diagnosis
- specific literature and information based on the needs of individual families
- joint work with professional colleagues to provide improved support to families
- email and telephone support
- autism information packs
- Rainbow newsletter three times a year
- support and visits to local parent groups
- a library of books, games and videos that can be borrowed by families and professionals.
We also work with professional colleagues to provide expert advice and guidance, and with local schools to support their work with children and young people with autism.
Alis Hawkins, Family Support Worker
Monmouthshire NP16 5HZ
Mobile: 07717 207089
All contact with the Family Support Team is confidential.
How to access our support
Most of our family support services are free to access, but please contact this service directly for information.