This module provides perspectives from people on the autism spectrum about how autism is defined and experienced. The module will enable learners to recognise the strengths and challenges experienced by many autistic people and how to respond to create enabling environments.
By the end of this module you should be able to:
- outline how autism has come to be defined and diagnosed
- describe common difficulties often faced by people with autism
- describe some of the strengths and unique attributes of people with autism
- challenge common stereotypes about people on the autism spectrum
- recognise how to make environments more enabling for people on the autism spectrum.
The module should take between 40-90 minutes to complete and has a range of interactive features, including:
- pre and post course assessments
- short film clips
- exercises and scenario based learning
- reflective activities
- printable information sheets
- top tips to take away
- further links and references.
- All of our online training modules are accredited by the CPD Certification Service (the leading CPD accreditation institution) as conforming to continuing professional development principles.
- Learners will receive a certificate of completion which can be used as verifiable documentary evidence when submitting CPD recording forms.
- For further information on the CPD Certification service please visit the CPD website.
By email: email@example.com
By phone: 0141 285 7117 Option 1, then Option 1 again