The module provides a comprehensive introduction to the autism spectrum focusing on the delivery of sport.
Developed as part of the Active for autism project, this online module has been created by people who are on the autism spectrum and represents the 'autistic voice'.
Recognising and understanding the key areas of difficulty experienced by both the participants and the session leaders is vital to providing effective support.
By the end of this module you should be able to:
- describe in basic terms what is meant by autism
- understand common difficulties faced by autistic people
- identify factors that can impact on how sport and physical activity is delivered and coached
- identify factors that can impact on an autistic person’s experience of sport and physical activity
- recognise and respond to the needs autistic people have while engaging in sport and physical activity environments.
The module should take between 40-90 minutes to complete and has a range of interactive features, including:
- pre- and post-course assessments
- short film clips
- exercises and scenario-based learning
- reflective activities
- printable information sheets
- top tips to take away
- further links and references.
- All of our online training modules are accredited by the CPD Certification Service (the leading CPD accreditation institution) as conforming to continuing professional development principles.
- Learners will receive a certificate of completion which can be used as verifiable documentary evidence when submitting CPD recording forms.
- For further information on the CPD Certification service please visit the CPD website.
By email: email@example.com
By phone: 0141 285 7117 Option 1, then Option 1 again
Events this year
Our upcoming Autism and sport: one-day theory and practical combined course provides a comprehensive introduction to autism, focusing on the delivery of sport.
It will help delegates to recognise and understand the key areas of difference in autism, as well as looking at supportive strategies in practical situations in order to reduce the difficulties experienced by participants and session leaders.
Book your place now