This introductory module explores how people respond to information from the senses and how this can be experienced differently by autistic people. Learners will be better able to recognise the impact of these differences for autistic people and how to respond to sensory needs to provide effective support.
By the end of this module you should be able to:
The module should take between 40-90 minutes to complete and has a range of interactive features, including:
- describe and discuss how people process sensory information and how to identify your own sensory preferences
- understand differences in how people on the autism spectrum experience and process sensory information
- identify the impact of sensory differences on every day life for people on the autism spectrum
- recognise and respond to sensory needs of people on the autism spectrum.
- pre and post course assessments
- short film clips
- exercises and scenario based learning
- reflective activities
- printable information sheets
- top tips to take away
- further links and references.
- All of our online training modules are accredited by the CPD Certification Service (the leading CPD accreditation institution) as conforming to continuing professional development principles.
- Learners will receive a certificate of completion which can be used as verifiable documentary evidence when submitting CPD recording forms.
- For further information on the CPD Certification service please visit the CPD website.
By email: email@example.com
By phone: 0141 285 7117 Option 1, then Option 1 again