This module explores how to recognise communication differences for autistic people and what factors impact upon successful communication. This will allow learners to respond to communication differences to effectively support people on the autism spectrum.
By the end of this module you should be able to:
- describe and discuss language and communication use and reflect on your own communication style
- understand variations in use of language and communication in autism
- identify factors that can impact on (successful) communication
- recognise and respond to the natural communication preferences of people on the autism spectrum.
The module should take between 40-90 minutes to complete and has a range of interactive features, including:
- pre and post course assessments
- short film clips
- exercises and scenario based learning
- reflective activities
- printable information sheets
- top tips to take away
- further links and references.
- All of our online training modules are accredited by the CPD Certification Service (the leading CPD accreditation institution) as conforming to continuing professional development principles.
- Learners will receive a certificate of completion which can be used as verifiable documentary evidence when submitting CPD recording forms.
- For further information on the CPD Certification service please visit the CPD website.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone: 0141 285 7117 Option 1, then Option 1 again