Organised by The National Autistic Society – a National Autistic Society masterclass is a short training session that is focused on a specialist topic, delivered for practitioners within the autism field. The facilitator is someone who has developed expertise in the topic, demonstrated by their research output and/or practice.
- to explore what is meant by the terms self-harm and self-injury
- examine the underlying reasons why these behaviours may be occurring
- reflect on how these actions can affect those working and living with these people
- look at strategies which may be useful in helping with self-harming and self-injury
- think about what other resources may be available.
The content of the session will be applicable to those working with autistic children or adults.