This two-day course aims to develop your understanding of how to support people on the autism spectrum using the TEACCH programme.
TEACCH stands for 'Treatment and Education of Autistic and related Communication handicapped Children'. The primary aim of TEACCH is to help to prepare people with autism to live or work more effectively at home, at school and in the community.
- Introduction to autism spectrum disorders
- Communication and behaviour
- Exploring the issues for people with autism and those who support them
- Overview and key principles of TEACCH
- TEACCH visual communication systems and schedules
- Structuring the environment
- The TEACCH programme in practice
Who should attend?
The course is intended for those with little or no prior knowledge of autism or those who already have some knowledge and wish to develop this further. This course is for those who wish to develop their understanding of using the TEACCH programme to support individuals on the autism spectrum.
Benefits of attending
- Be aware of how to develop skills by means of education and modifying the environment for people with autism
- Have an awareness of parent collaboration
- Understand assessment for individualised programmes
- Understand structured teaching
- Be more confident in identifying emerging skills through assessment and focusing upon these
- Understand the principles of cognitive and behaviour therapy underlying the TEACCH approach
- Understand that professionals in the TEACCH system are trained as generalists who understand the whole child and do not specialise as psychologists, speech therapists, etc.
Training provided at a venue of your choice, inclusive of:
- one trainer for two full days
- delivered to a maximum of 25 participants (please contact us if you have a larger group and how we can accommodate this)
- participants added to relevant Network Autism group to receive alerts when topic they attended is coming up for discussion.
Price: £2,700 + trainer expenses + VAT
To make an enquiry please call 0141 285 7117 and choose option 1 then option 1 again or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To book or to amend a booking please call 0141 285 7117 and choose option 2 then option 1 or email email@example.com.