This half-day course will provide a comprehensive introduction to the autism spectrum focusing on the delivery of sport and physical activity.
Recognising and understanding the key areas of difficulty experienced by both the participants and the session leaders is vital to providing effective support.
- What is autism?
- Common differences experienced by people with autism participating in sport and physical activity
- Suggested strategies using practical demonstration and activity plans
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone involved in delivering sport or physical activity; who wants to develop an awareness and understanding of autism. Participants will gain an understanding of the autism spectrum in relation to the delivery of sport and physical activity. This course is relevant for those who support children or adults with autism.
Benefits of attending
- Gain an increased understanding of the autism spectrum
- Understand that autism affects people in different ways
- Gain an insight into the experiences of participants who are on the autism spectrum
- Be aware of the barriers that may be faced by people on the autism spectrum participating in sport or physical activity
- Learn how to work more effectively to support people on the autism spectrum in sport and physical activity sessions
Participants will be helped to make the link between theoretical knowledge and practice. The course places emphasis on reflective practice and consideration of the participant's skills, interests and communication styles with tools to enable your continued development. It makes use of presentation, group interaction, self-directed learning, video and practical scenario based learning.
Continued Professional Development
This course is certified by the CPD certification service (the leading independent CPD accreditation institution) as conforming to continuing professional development principles. All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance detailing eligible CPD hours which can be used as verifiable documentary evidence when submitting CPD recording forms.
Training provided at a venue of your choice, inclusive of:
- one trainer for half a day
- delivered to a maximum of 20 participants (please contact us if you have a larger group and we can accommodate this)
- course materials.
Due to the specialist nature of this training, each course delivered is tailored to meet your needs. Please contact us for a price.
Scheduled open training events
To make an enquiry please call 0141 285 7117 and choose option 1 then option 1 again or email email@example.com.
To book or to amend a booking please call 0141 285 7117 and choose option 2 then option 1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All places for training events with a location link must be booked via our online booking system (click on the location link for the course you would like to attend). If you require more information on using our online booking system to pay by invoice please click here