This one-day course will develop your understanding of how to carry out care and support needs assessments that are sensitive to the needs of people on the autism spectrum.
The course has been developed by registered social workers and autism specialists in response to recommendations in the autism strategy, Think Autism, published by the Department of Health. The strategy sends a clear message that local councils and local health bodies should ensure that key staff such as needs assessors receive specialist autism training.
- Explores the range of difficulties experienced by people on the autism spectrum and the impact of these on carrying out care and support needs assessments
- The importance of placing the individual at the centre of thinking about autism
- How to undertake assessments which respond to the specific needs of people on the autism spectrum(within the SPELL framework)
- Matching support to meet the needs of people on the autism spectrum
- Key laws and policies relating to supporting an autistic adult and what they mean in practice.
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at a variety of social care staff who carry out care and support assessments, eg assessments of need and support planning. A basic understanding of autism is required for this course.
Benefits of attending
- Course meets the training requirements of the autism strategy, Think Autism
- Be able to complete care and support needs assessments which reflect the nature of autism
- Recognise the difficulties in carrying out needs assessments for people on the autism spectrum and identify approaches and strategies to overcome these difficulties
- Learn to place the individual at the centre of thinking about autism and how to match support to meet the person’s needs
- Know the key laws and policies relating to supporting people on the autism spectrum and what they mean in practice.
Continued Professional Development
This course is certified by the CPD certification service (the leading independent CPD accreditation institution) as conforming to continuing professional development principles. All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance detailing eligible CPD hours, which can be used as verifiable documentary evidence when submitting CPD recording forms. For further information on the CPD Certification Service please visit the CPD website.
Training provided at a venue of your choice, inclusive of:
- one trainer for the full day
- delivered to a maximum of 25 participants (please contact us if you have a larger group and how we can accommodate this)
- training booklet provided for each delegate
- option of including a personal perspective speaker
- What is Autism leaflet for all participants
- participants added to relevant Network Autism group to receive alerts when topic they attended is coming up for discussion
- discount codes for relevant NAS publications.
Price: £1,395 + VAT
Individuals attending scheduled training event: £185 + VAT
To make an enquiry please call 0141 285 7117 and choose option 1 then option 1 again or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To book or to amend a booking please call 0141 285 7117 and choose option 2 then option 1 or email email@example.com.