- New research into how people describe autism published
- The first piece of research into the language used to describe autism among UK autism communities is launched.
- Record number of MPs meet to re-establish cross-party group for autism
Record turnout of MPs meet to re-establish cross-party group for autism following our campaign
- Campaign success on diagnosis in Wales
The Welsh Government today announced an extra £2 million worth of funding for diagnostic services as a result of our campaigning work alongside our branches in Wales.
- NAS responds to Katie Hopkins's comments
The NAS responds to Katie Hopkins's "unacceptable" tweets
- NAS ambassador creates medal-winning garden
- The Viking Ocean Cruises Show Garden, designed by Alan Gardner, an National Autistic Society (NAS) cultural ambassador, has won a silver medal at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
- Election reminder from the I'm One campaign
Don't forget to vote!
- NAS response to PIP ruling
- Today a High Court judge ruled that the Government took an "unlawful and unacceptably long time" to process two people's claims for the Personal Independence Payment (PIP).
- Response to the Queen's Speech
- Today the new Government delivered its first Queen’s Speech, an annual event where the Queen announces the Government’s legislative agenda for the forthcoming year.
- Election manifestos 2015: the other parties - the NAS comments
The NAS comments on all the election manifestos.
- BBC show investigates 'quack' cure for autism tonight
- Tonight at 7pm, BBC’s the One Show will broadcast an investigation into an unlicensed medicine, a blood product called Globulin component Macrophage Activating Factor (GcMAF), which its manufacturer – First Immune – claims is a ‘cure’ for autism, cancer and HIV.
- New film sessions for NAS support services
New film sessions for NAS support services
- Residential placements available in NAS adult services in Kent
We currently have two vacancies available for adults with autism in our residential services in Gravesend, Kent. This news item was published on Thursday 30 April 2015.
- Election manifestos 2015: Liberal Democrats - the NAS comments
The NAS comments on the release of the Liberal Democrats' election manifesto.
- Election manifestos 2015: Conservative - the NAS comments
The NAS comments on the release of the Conservative Party's election manifesto.
- Election manifestos 2015: Labour - the NAS comments
- The NAS comments on the release of Labour's election manifesto, the first of the major parties to release its manifesto.
- New survey shows widespread awareness of autism in the UK
New survey shows widespread awareness of autism in the UK
- New rights for adults with autism to get the care and support they need
- New rights for adults with autism in England to get the care and support they need as the Care Act 2014 comes into force today, introducing sweeping changes to adult social care.
- Onesie survey
Where you wear your onesies: a Onesie Wednesday survey
- Man with autism breaks Guinness World Record
- After 12,000 hours of work, Arran Linton-Smith, a man with Asperger syndrome from Nottingham, has officially broken the Guinness World Record for having the most company logos on a single piece of sports clothing.
- NAS Cultural Ambassador hosts unique concerts for parents and carers living with autism
- Acclaimed Japanese concert pianist and National Autistic Society (NAS) Cultural Ambassador, Noriko Ogawa, has designed and hosts a series of concerts specifically for parents and carers of children with autism.
- Autism-friendly event at Toys 'R' Us
On Sunday 29 March Toys 'R' Us® are holding an autism friendly exclusive event for families affected by autism and additional needs in aid of World Autism Awareness Week.