- Children and Families bill received Royal Assent
The Children and Families Bill, which introduces major changes to the Special Educational Needs (SEN) system in England, received Royal Assent on 13 March.
- Relaxed performance of Matilda the Musical
The Royal Shakespeare Company will be presenting a ‘relaxed performance’ of Matilda The Musical at the Cambridge Theatre on Sunday 15 June at 3pm.
- Campaign win as landmark judgement protects vulnerable people
Campaign win as landmark judgement protects vulnerable people
- Autism and ageing project
A new research project on the quality of life in ageing adults living with autism is being conducted by City University London.
- Autism and ethics to be discussed in May conference
ARGH (Autism Rights Group Highland), in partnership with the National Autistic Society Scotland, are delighted to be holding an autism and ethics conference from the perspective of autistic people.
- Week of autism friendly screenings announced
- Winners announced - Autism Professionals Awards 2014
- We are delighted to announce the winners of the second annual Autism Professionals Awards. The nine awards winners were revealed on Tuesday 4 March at a prestigious awards dinner as part of The National Autistic Society’s Professional Conference. Congratulations to all the winners; their excellent work is an inspiration to all. Thank you also to everyone who made a nomination. The standard of the entries has been phenomenal.
- Autism victory in Nottingham
- Nottinghamshire County Council has today announced that they are dropping their proposal to scrap their pioneering Adults with Asperger’s Team. The proposal, made as part of their Budget Challenge 2014/15, has been reversed in response to concerns raised by people with autism and their families.
- We spring into action for World Autism Awareness Day
- People with autism and their families, a range of cross-party MSPs, schools, clubs and offices across the nation are joining a leading autism charity’s call for people in Scotland to get on their trampolines, Pogo Sticks and Space Hoppers and Bounce for Autism for World Autism Awareness Day 2014.
- Government announces 'Think Autism'
To coincide with World Autism Awareness Day (2 April) the Government have met a number of key Push for Action recommendations – including for the first time ring-fenced money – in their publication of the revised adult autism strategy for England.
- Renowned speaker to address conference
- Renowned anger expert Professor Raymond W. Novaco will be giving an afternoon workshop on the topic of anger assessment and case formulation on 9 April.
- Unfair blue badge system raised in the House of Lords
- Members of the House of Lords recently highlighted concerns in Parliament about the difficulties that many people with autism and their families are facing in accessing blue badges following the introduction of Personal Independence Payments (PIP).