Please note that due to essential staff training, we are closing the Autism Helpline and Supporter Care lines on Friday 9th December, 2016 at 2pm.
We will re-open as usual on Monday 12th December, 2016; Helpline from 10am- 4pm and Supporter Care from 9am-5pm.
Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience. In the meantime:
Helpline: To find answers online, please visit: http://www.autism.org.uk/services/helplines/main/answers-online.aspx
Supporter Care: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org where we’ll aim to respond ASAP.
The Autism Helpline enquiry service provides impartial, confidential information along with advice and support for autistic people and their families and carers.
What can't we do?
The Helpline cannot:
- advise you on legal issues
- advise you on medical issues
- take on your case or act as your advocate
- offer a counselling service (we do maintain a database of counsellors who may be able to help you)
- offer a phone back service
- actively refer people on
- advise you about conditions which are not part of the autism spectrum.