The first year of our Too Much Information campaign was a big success thanks to your support. We're now busy planning the launch of the second year of the campaign for World Autism Awareness Week 2017.
After the phenomenal success of our first film starring 10-year-old Alex, and our second, starring 20-year-old Max, we're looking for the star of our next film! Could it be someone you know?
We’re looking for someone who is:
- a 9-14 year old girl or boy on the autism spectrum
- able to act and take direction
- happy to share their experiences around processing time
- comfortable doing media interviews
- available during the week commencing 6 March for filming.
They’ll be the star of our next campaign film created by Don’t Panic London. They will also be the face of the campaign’s second year launch in March. If you know someone who would be perfect for this, we’d love to hear from them.
How to apply
The deadline for audition entries was Wednesday 15 February, so we are no longer reviewing auditions. Thank you so much to all of you who sent us an audition, we have really enjoyed watching them all and hearing about your experiences of processing time!
If you need to guide your budding young star through what to talk about on the audition tape, here are some suggestions (but we'd love to see what you come up with too!):
Ask them to introduce themselves, and talk about their experiences. They might like to talk about:
- one specific event where they've needed more time to process information
- a general description of how they feel if they aren’t given enough time to process things
- how they feel other people can be or have been helpful to give them more time to process the world around them.