This training course introduces the SPELL framework, for understanding and responding to the needs of people with autism.
The framework is useful in identifying underlying issues, reducing the disabling effects of the condition and providing a cornerstone for communication.
SPELL stands for Structure, Positive approaches and expectations, Empathy, Low arousal, Links. This course looks at each element of the framework, with practical examples to illustrate each component:
- Supporting people with autism through structure
- Maintaining positive approaches and expectations
- Developing empathy for individuals with autism
- Adopting a low arousal approach
- Creating and maintaining links between the individual, their wider support networks and the community.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone working with children or adults with autism. A basic understanding of autism is required for this course.
Benefits of attending
- Be able to identify areas for improvement using the SPELL framework
- Have a better awareness of how to structure information for people with autism
- Be able to focus on the more positive aspects of each person
- Have a better understanding of some of the difficulties people face
- Have a clearer knowledge of the impact of environmental factors
- Be aware of the benefits of collating and sharing information.
|Type of training
|Offered in-house (our trainer comes to your organisation)
||£1350 + VAT (this includes materials and expenses)
|Offered as individual places on scheduled course
||£185 + VAT
To make an enquiry please call 0141 285 7117 and choose option 1 then option 1 again or email email@example.com.
To book or to amend a booking please call 0141 285 7117 and choose option 2 then option 1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.