Our outreach service gives flexible support to people with autism and Asperger syndrome of any age, and their families. We offer support in the person's own home, in their family home, in the community, or in the workplace.
All the support we provide is carefully planned with the person with autism to meet their own needs, goals and interests. We put together a package of support that helps the person to live life to the full, develop their skills, and build their confidence and independence.
Each person's support package is individually tailored to their needs. Possible activities include:
- goal setting
- safety strategies
- maintaining relationships with family and friends
- participating in the community
- going shopping
- attending college or university
- accessing health care and leisure facilities
- support with independent living
- learning household management skills
- developing social skills.
All our staff have autism-specific training and put the person with autism at the centre of the work they do. They use approaches designed to help people with autism including TEACCH and PECS. We give our staff ongoing management support and supervision.